Vicki L. Buehler
- Workers Compensation
Current Employment Position
- Associate Attorney
- New York, 2009
- Injured Workers’ Bar Association
- NYS Bar Association
Verdicts/Settlements/Cases of Note/Favorite Win
- We had a case where a claimant with an extensive history of drug abuse was working on a cell tower and fell 150 feet to the ground. His blood test at the hospital was positive for cocaine, marijuana and amphetamines, and the doctors testified that none of the medications he was given would cause false positives for those substances. They also testified that those substances, particularly taken together, could impede concentration, judgement, and functional ability. Our employer witness testified that the safety gear was working perfectly before and after the accident, and testified that if the claimant was properly hooked up, he would only have fallen about 9 inches. The judge found that the claimant’s accident occurred because of the illegal substances he was taking and disallowed the claim entirely.
- Syracuse University College of Law, Syracuse, New York
- J.D. - 2008
- Le Moyne College, Syracuse, New York
- B.S. - 2005
- Major: Human Resources
- Volunteer at Southern Tier Food Bank
- Volunteer with the local community garden
Tenure at firm
- January 2020 to present, 20 months
Your Legal Superpower
- Observation. I’m good at reviewing the evidence, picking out small details and discrepancies, and using them to my client’s benefit when questioning doctors, taking testimony, and crafting arguments.
Pets and Hobbies
- 13 year old Maine Coon cat, Zachary, who definitely owns me instead of the other way around. My hobbies include baking, cooking and hiking.