Cassandra E. Christman
- Workers’ Compensation
- Former Family and Housing Attorney for Veterans
Current Employment Position
- Associate Attorney
- New York, 2018
Verdicts/Settlements/Cases of Note/Favorite Win
- My other favorite win was a disallowance for a claimant who was alleging chemical exposure in the work place, but was never exposed to the chemical. This was a favorite win because all the doctors, including the IME, unanimously gave causal relationship. However, just in time for writing the Memorandum of Law, a new Third Department case came down stating that if the doctor’s opinions are based on a faulty premise, they are not credible. The case had a very similar fact pattern including an IME which also gave causal relationship. Through witness testimony we were able to prove the chemical exposure claimant alleged occurred never actually occurred, and therefore every doctor in the claim based their opinion of the faulty premise that there was an exposure. The claim was ultimately disallowed, as the WCLJ credited the testimony of the lay witnesses over the claimant.
- University at Buffalo Law School, Buffalo, New York
- Juris Doctor - 2017
- State University of New York FMCC, New York
- State University of New York Polytechnic Institute, New York
- B.S., Bachelor of Science
- Executive Chair of the Community Veterans Engagement Board of WNY
- Former Veterans Treatment Court Mentor
Tenure at firm
- Joined the firm 11/12/2019
Your Legal Superpower
- The power of Transparency, which is the power to see through a claimant’s façade and seek justice where due.
Pets and Hobbies
- No pets. Hobbies include traveling, spending time with family, and playing softball.