Here is a quiz to test your NY Workers’ Compensation knowledge. Do you have MAD skills? Answers will be published as a separate post in one week. To obtain an answer key immediately, contact [email protected].
- What is the Special Funds WCL § 15(8)(d) reimbursement form and what are the time frames for seeking reimbursement once WCL § 15(8)(d) is established?
- What is the percentage of medical impairment for a claimant whose provider has opined a Class II severity E impairment?
- What are the three exceptions to written notice under WCL § 18?
- When do the medical treatment guidelines apply?
- When claimant lives in state and the doctor treats in state?
- When claimant lives out of state and the doctor treats in state?
- When claimant lives in state and the doctor treats out of state?
- When claimant lives out of state and the doctor treats out of state?
- What is needed in a chiropractor’s report for there to be a well-documented exacerbation to allow for treatment in the absence of a variance?
- Under what circumstances can a carrier deny a variance without contrary medical evidence?
- If the carrier commences payment of temporary compensation without admitting liability pursuant to WCL § 21-a, how much time does it have to electronically file a notice of controversy before it would be deemed to have admitted liability for the claim and a decision would be issued establishing the claim?
- An IME report must be filed within 10 business days after the examination with the Board. Does a holiday within the period count as a business day and does only a holiday that falls on the 10th day count as a holiday that requires that the IME report be submitted on the next business day?
- If a claim is not controverted, when is a SROI late and what is the penalty?
- What is the significance of the filing of notice of indexing?
- When the employer or carrier is under a direction to continue payments to the claimant following a hearing or issuance of a decision pursuant to rule 300.23, it is permissible to suspend benefits without a hearing under certain circumstances. True or false?
- How are actual reduced earnings calculated?
- When can MMI be determined?
- How long does a self-insured employer have to make the mandatory deposit into the ATF following classification with a PPD for a claim with a date of accident after 7/1/07?
Good luck and have fun!