Check out LOMADtv – click on the picture below to join us live on the 4th Friday of each month at noon for our new series “Lawyers and Friends”!
Having trouble clicking the link in the picture above? CLICK HERE instead.
Studio Audience Reviews
Insightful Webinar Series
The monthly webinar series on basic NY workers’ compensation compensability presented by the Law Offices of Melissa A. Day has been an educational, approachable and insightful look into the cornerstones of our profession.
The material has given a straightforward introduction to those new to the industry while also providing a welcome refresher course to our seasoned adjusters.
Most importantly, these webinars have opened up a dialogue in our office for continued discussion between our staff and have encouraged thoughtful questions, and a renewed passion for learning which has been truly invaluable to us.
We at FCS greatly appreciate the time, research, dedication, and hard work that your attorneys have put into these presentations and we will continue to attend and enjoy them as they are presented.
Claims Manager, FCS Administrators, Inc.
Really Good Informational Webinars
I sent this to our adjusters as I’ve attended a couple of their webinars…these are really good informational webinars. Email [email protected] to register for either or both series.
The Breakfast Club are morning webinars that are held once a month on Friday.
The Basic Issues of Compensability series is a lunch time series happening monthly on a Monday.
They have different presenters and record the presentations as well and post them to this page for future viewing. If there is a specific webinar you want to view in the archives just email [email protected] for a password.
Service Improvement Specialist
Select a video below
If you missed one of our Monthly Webinar Series installments, don’t panic! You can still watch the re-run! Click on a link to one of the videos down below to see any video. The videos do require a password to view, however. You can request a password for any of the videos listed below by sending an e-mail to Melissa Day at [email protected]
Virtual Lawyers and Friends
- July 2022, Comp 101: 101 Workers’ Compensation Rules
- June 2022, The Seven Deadly Sins and Workers’ Compensation
- May, 2022, Full Steam Ahead: All a-Board for On Board and the new MTGs
- April, 2022, Hunting for Easter Eggs, A LOMAD Holiday Special
- March 2022, It’s a MAD, MAD, MAD, Mad World!
- February 2022, Don’t Be Blindsided: Eye Disorders and the Guidelines
- January 2022, Year in Review: 2021 Case Law Update
- December 2021, These are a Few of Our Favorite Things
- October 2021, Apocalypse Survival Tips: Cases that return from the beyond, with Melanie D. and Shannan M.
- September 2021, Extra Considerations for the Special Considerations (Knee/Shoulder)
- August 2021, We’re Going to Have to Run a Credit Check First- Protecting your Credit Score after 130 Weeks
- July 2021, Permanent Total vs. Total Industrial – Does NOT Have to Cost an Arm and a Leg
- June 2021, The Art of the Appointment to Closed and Non-Comp Claims
- May 2021, EXTREME Hardship or Just the Mundane Kind?
- April 2021, Workers’ Compensation and Work from Home
- March 2021, Not Sure if You’re Liable? Learn if 21-a is Viable!
- February 2021, Don’t Play with MSAs!
- January 2021, A Year in Review: 2020 Workers’ Compensation Case Law
Lawyers and Friends
- December 2020, Asthma Medical Treatment Guidelines
- November 2020, Major Depressive Disorder
- September 2020, New 2021 Medical Treatment Guidelines for Elbow Injuries
- August 2020, New 2021 Medical Treatment Guidelines for Hip and groin Injuries
- July 2020, Every Breath You Take – New Medical Treatment Guidelines for Occupational Interstitial Lung Disease
- July 2020, Hoffin’ It! Medical Treatment Guidelines for Ankle and Foot Injuries
- November 2019, Third Party Action
- October 2019, Permanency: A Perspective on New York’s Guidelines
- September 2019, Loss Transfer
- August 2019, Idiopathic Accidents
- July 2019 Beyond Range of Motion
- June 2019, The One with the Medical Records
- May 2019, Son of a C-8 1B!
- April 2019, Analyzing Proposed Changes to the NYS Pharmacy Formula
- March 2019, Changes to the New Post Classification Standard and Extreme Hardship
- February 2019, Independent Medical Examinations – The Ins and Outs from a Legal Perspective
- January 2019, Fool “Proof” Claims – Using Evidence in NY Comp Claims
On the Bench
- December 2018, 2018 Year In Review: Case Law Update
- November 2018, These are a Few of our Favorite Things
- October 2018, PSST…Have You Heard the News?
- September 2018, Medication Litigation
- August 2018, Current Issues Regarding Labor Market Attachment in New York State Workers’ Compensation Law
- July 2018, LOMAD News
- June 2018, Notice…The Difference: How to Win with a Section 18 Defense
- May 2018, You Can’t Have Your Diaper Cake and Eat it Too
Advanced Issues in Workers’ Compensation
- October 2017, Fraud: Material Misrepresentations for the Purpose of Obtaining Compensation
- September 2017, Indemnity Benefits
- August 2017, Medical Benefits
- July 2017, The “Average” Weekly Wage
- June 2017, Advanced Labor Market Litigation
- May 2017, Non-Acute Pain Medical Treatment Guidelines and Opioids
- May 2017, Casual Relationship
- April 2017, 2017 Workers’ Compensation Reforms…Now What?
- April 2017, Notice and Timely Claim Filing
- March 2017, Essential Elements of an Occupational Disease
- March 2017, Loss of Wage-Earning Capacity Including Survey of Board Panel Decisions
- February 2017, Essential Elements of an Accident
- February 2017, Serious Facial Disfigurement
- January 2017, Case Law Update
Basic Issues in Workers’ Compensation
- December 2016, Third Party Actions: Happy Holidays and Lien Recoveries
- November 2016, Settling Claims
- October 2016, Fraud: Material Misrepresentations for the Purpose of Obtaining Compensation
- September 2016, Indemnity Benefits
- August 2016, Medical Benefits
- July 2016, Average Weekly Wage
- June 2016, Arising Out of and in the Course of Employment
- May 2016, Casual Relationship
- April 2016, Notice and Timely Claim Filing
- February 2016, Basic Issues of Compensability
- January 2016, Case Law Update